Sunday, April 6, 2014

Week in Review - April 6th 2014: Another Solid Week

I went into the week with the realization that I had a 70 mile bike race on Saturday so I didn't want to push myself too hard. At the same time I didn't want to miss out on training for the triathlon the following week. I considered the bike race to be more of a "fun" event and didn't want to taper my workouts aggressively going into it. 

With that in mind, I pushed pretty hard on Monday and Tuesday and took it easy on Wednesday through Friday. All my biking for the week was performed on the road bike so that I could re-familiarize myself with this equipment. The race went well and I didn't push myself to my limits. That left my legs with enough left over to do a 10 mile run on Sunday without feeling like I overdid it. 

Next Sunday I will compete in an Olympic distance triathlon, the Lifetime Tempe Triathlon. While I also do not plan on doing a full taper for this event I will give it my all while I'm there. I'll let you know how it goes next week...

Training Details:
Monday: 10 mile ride to work, 1000 yard swim and 5k run during lunch, 10 mile ride home
Tuesday: 10 mile ride to work, 7 mile run, and 10 mile ride home
Wednesday: 
10 mile ride to work
Thursday: 12 mile bike ride
Friday: 
1000 yard swim
Saturday: 
70 mile bike race
Sunday: 10 mile run, 10 mile ride home



No comments:

Post a Comment