Sunday, September 22, 2013

Race Report - 9/22/2013 - Run FORE Cancer 5K

Location: Scottsdale, AZ 
Race Type: Run
Distance: 5K
Participants: 229
Overall Place: 4th
Age Group Place: 1st
Time: 21:12

The race was located at a golf course and was a charity event to raise money for cancer research. The turnout was good, there were plenty of snacks, and the course was full of turns and rollers. My legs were tired from doing a brick workout consisting of a 40 mile bike and 10 mile run the day before. The 1st place finisher was far ahead of me but I chased the 2nd and 3rd place for most of the race. I just didn't have it in me to push it for the last mile to take over 3rd. 

The finish was nice. I received a medal and a plaque. The 3rd place finishers wife was nice enough to take a picture of me and email it out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment