Sunday, October 13, 2013

Race Report - 10/13/2013 - Ironcare Splash & Dash #3

Location: Tempe, AZ - Tempe Town Lake
Race Type: Aquathlon
Distance: 1000m swim, 5k run
Participants: 16
Overall Place: 4th
Age Group Place: 1st
Time: 47:56.  Swim: 24:31, Trans: 1:20, Run: 22:03

The splash and dash series is a friendly relaxed environment to prep triathletes for race events. Most of the participants today were swimming the 2000m followed by a 5k run in preparation for the Soma Half Ironman on 10/20/13. I didn't feel ready to take this distance on with an untried wetsuit and a general lack of swimming training.

The swim portion was uneventful. The new wetsuit worked well with no chafing or discomfort. I'm guessing that I swam an extra 100-150m due to poor sighting. I really need to work on finding a marker in the distance in line with the buoy. 

The transition also was uneventful. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to strip off the full body wetsuit. 

The run went well. I didn't push myself as hard as I could have but this event was a swim focus for me, not a run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment