Monday, March 24, 2014

Week in Review - Mar 24th 2014: Starting to Bike More

I haven't been writing my weekly updates lately. With race reports the last couple of weekends I didn't have the motivation to write more. I'll remedy that this week - although a day late.

As far as the week in training goes, it was good. I've started biking a bit more now that the weather is warmer. I'd been waiting for morning temperatures to consistently be above 55 degrees. Now that that is the case I have started to commute to work. It is about 10 miles each way, and while that is not quite enough for a good workout, it is good to get a few more miles in.

With the increase in biking I've had a decrease in running and swimming. OK, no swimming. I'll remedy that this week as I try to figure out a new training schedule. Ideally, I will target 2 long rides (commuting doesn't count), 1 long run, 1 medium run, and 2 swims.

Friday's ride turned into a bit of an adventure. About 15 miles from home I got a flat in the back tire. I installed a new tube and continued on. Five miles later, another flat in the rear. I performed a more thorough inspection of the tire, installed a new tube, and realized that I didn't have another CO2 cartridge. I had to call my wife for an extraction. I started walking and 10 minutes later a fellow cyclist that I've ridden with a few times comes by. He was nice enough to stop and fill by tube. I called my wife again, cancelled my extraction, and rode home with Tod.

Here 'a pick with me, my flat, and a Garuka Bar.

Training Details:
Monday: 10 mile ride home
Tuesday: 11 mile ride to work and another 11 miles home
Wednesday: 11 mile ride to work
Thursday: 10 mile run
Friday: 40 mile ride to Brenner Pass
Saturday: 6 mile run
Sunday: 40 mile lunch ride to Pecos Rd and 10 mile ride home


No comments:

Post a Comment