Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week in Review - Mar 2nd 2014: Done with Marathons for the Year

I took it easy this week in preparation for the Phoenix Marathon. Most of the excitement was covered in the previous post so I'll keep this one short.

Monday and Thursday I took out the road bike again and covered 20-25 miles during each ride while going at an easy pace. I was pleased that this was an average of ~19.5 mph as I really haven't been riding much lately.

On Thursday I ran ~9 miles at marathon race pace during lunch and rested Tuesday and Friday.

Saturday was the marathon and Sunday my legs were hurting so I went for another 20 mile ride at an easier pace with the hopes of speeding the recovery process. We'll see.

Overall, a good week; however, I neglected my swimming completely. With the upcoming olympic distance triathlon on 3/16 this might not have been a good idea. I'll go to the pool tomorrow and get in at least two more swims the rest of the week to get back in the groove and rest the legs a bit further.

Next Sunday I will compete in an 8K put on by a relatively new timing company. I expect attendance to be low which should increase the possibility of picking up a top finisher or age group medal.




No comments:

Post a Comment