Sunday, May 11, 2014

Week in Review - May 11th 2014: Next Race is 1 Week Out!

These last three weeks have been great for training. I haven't had any health issues and I feel like I've made some really good progress on the bike and the swim while maintaining my run.

That said, I did post some strong times on two of my six mile runs this week...

Swimming

I managed to squeeze in four swims on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. I felt really good on Sunday and feel like my technique is starting to improve as I make small tweaks here and there. 

Total Distance: 6000 yards

Biking

I commuted again Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning for a total of 50 miles. 

On Friday I picked up almost 30 miles and was pleased to post a 22mph average for the ride. I haven't had that strong of a showing outside of a race for that distance. 

Sunday morning I rode another 30 miles before work. During this ride I tested out a new toy, the Garmin Virb action camera. My initial impression is that it is pretty sweet. Check out the video below (thought I'd post the part where I'm hitting 30mph on a flat :-). wind can be your friend...)


Total Distance: 110 miles

Running

I completed three runs this week and as I said earlier, two of the six mile runs were at a good pace. I managed a 7:19 per mile pace on Monday and a 7:18 pace on Friday. 

I also signed up for a 5k on May 24th, the day after my birthday. I'd like to see if I can squeeze under 20 minutes again.

Total Distance: 20 miles

Training Details

Monday: 6 mile run, 1500 yard swim, 2x10 mile ride
Tuesday: 1500 yard swim, 2x10 mile ride
Wednesday: 8 mile run, 10 mile ride
Thursday: 1500 yard swim
Friday: 6 mile run, 28 mile ride
Saturday: Off
Sunday: 30 mile ride, 1500 yard swim



No comments:

Post a Comment