Monday, May 5, 2014

Week in Review - May 4th 2014: Another Solid Week

Another solid week of training.

I met my swimming, biking, and running goals with a couple of longer rides, a fast ride, and a longish run. My legs were feeling pretty beat up in the beginning of the week so I took Thursday off for recovery. 

I also received a package of goodies from my sponsor, Honey Stinger (yes, I had to pay some of the cost). I look forward to trying out the tri shorts and cycling jersey and my kids are already making a dent in the mini waffles.



Swimming

I had a short swim on Monday, 1000 yards, as my arms were tired from 5 swim sessions the week before. I felt a bit better Tuesday and managed 1500 yards. On Wednesday I had a chance to swim in the morning and knocked out another 2000 yards. I finished off the week with a swim on Sunday during my lunch break. 

I was hoping that I'd feel a bit stronger during my swims, especially on Sunday, but I just need to keep going and my comfort and times should improve. 

Total Distance: 6000 yards 

Biking

I rode back and forth to work Monday through Wednesday, picked up 35 miles on Saturday, and another 40 on Sunday. 

Prior to Saturday's ride I dropped the height of my tri bars to the lowest setting so that I could maximize my aero position. My neck is a bit sore but so far so good. 

Sunday's ride home was fun with an average speed of 23.5 mph. I even managed to pick up a KOM on Strava. 



Running

Wednesday morning I knocked out an 8 mile run before work and a 12 mile run Friday morning with a Z2 heart rate for the first half and a Z3 heart rate for the last half. Both runs averaged ~8 minute miles. 

Training Details

Monday: 1000 yard swim, 2x10 mile ride

Tuesday: 1500 yard swim, 10 mile ride
Wednesday: 2000 yard swim, 8 mile run
Thursday: Off
Friday: 12 mile run
Saturday: 35 mile ride
Sunday: 30 mile swim, 1500 yard swim, 10 mile ride




No comments:

Post a Comment