Sunday, February 23, 2014

Week in Review - Feb 23rd 2014: Winding Down for Phoenix Marathon

This week felt pretty good. I exceeded my miles running and biking and didn't quite meet my swimming goals. I also ran with a new group that I found on the website meetup.com.

Monday was a busy training day and it wore me out a bit. I completed a 13.1 mile run in the morning at a good pace followed by a sprint distance swim, bike, and run during lunch.

I was feeling tired Tuesday and took the day off. I also ended up taking Wednesday off due to some scheduling issues but I wasn't too disappointed as I didn't want to overdue it this week with the upcoming marathon.

Thursday was fun. I woke up early and met a group of runners at a local running shop, Cadence Running Co., at 5:30. There were about a dozen people attending this weekly run. All paces are welcome and they manage the run by doing 30 minutes out and 30 back so it doesn't matter how fast you are or whether you are doing intervals, etc. I ran with the lead group, two other guys, and we held a 7:30 pace for the first 7 miles with a 6:00 pace for the last 3/4 mile. I had a good time chatting with the guys and plan on attending again. Later that day I jumped in the pool for a 1000 yard swim.

(no, i'm not in the picture)

Friday was a bit hectic but I squeezed in a 30 mile bike ride. I took the road bike out and didn't push it too hard. The next tri in mid-March has a ton of climbing so I intend to use this bike for the race.

Saturday I was feeling a bit sore in the back of my legs but I went for a 10 mile run. I ran a comfortable pace and felt pretty good for having done so.

Sunday's swim was disappointing. I started slow and couldn't get into a rhythm. I swam 500 yards and quit. I had a little time so I hopped on the bike and rode a leisurely 20 miles. It was great to relax and stretch the legs.

Next week I will shoot for 3 swims, 3 runs, and 1-2 rides. Nothing too hard or long so that my legs are ready to go for the marathon on Saturday. This one should go much better then the last...


No comments:

Post a Comment