Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week in Review - Feb 2nd 2014: More Recovery

This week was a real downer for my training.

Following Sundays 1500m swim and 20 mile bike ride I was feeling pretty good but there was still light burning in my chest and my energy wasn't as high as it could be.

On Monday I swam another 1500m followed by a 2.6 mile run. The run was tough. I was targeting a 160bpm heart rate which should have put me in the 7:15-7:30 min/mile pace. I ended up completing the run at a 7:30 pace but my heart rate was closer to 170bpm. This left me feeling a little dis-heartened that my recovery wasn't as complete as I thought.

Tuesday I went for a 7.5 mile run. Again, I was targeting 155-160bpm. I finished with a 162bpm average and an average pace of 8:13. The entire run felt like I was slogging through and afterwards my chest was really burning. I spent the rest of the day with a dry cough and a total lack of energy.

I decided that I would not train for the next few days...

Wednesday I couldn't sleep because my sinuses were completely blocked. Up to this point my mucus had been clear. Now it is a horrible green. I suppose that I am glad that my body is fighting the infection but this has been going on too long!

I did not train Wed-Sat and continue to wake up with green mucus. I'll go for a swim and maybe a short run or ride today to see how I'm feeling.

Go Seahawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment