Sunday, February 9, 2014

Week in Review - Feb 9th 2014: Getting Back in the Groove

Finally, a good week of training. I missed it!

I had a stress test at the cardiologist office on Monday that seemed to go well. I didn't get all of the results but the tech let me know that the EKG portion looked great.

On Tuesday I was scheduled to go to the pulmonologist. Before the appointment I went for a hard run of 7.5 miles. I wanted to stress my lungs so that I could help the doctor diagnose the burning in my chest. Following the run there was a slight burning but nothing like I'd experienced the previous weeks. The doctor wasn't sure what to make of my issue but he did agree that my heart was probably fine and that I must have some inflammation in my lungs. He prescribed a steroid inhaler that seems to have done the trick. No more burning!

Later that day I received an email from Honey Stinger. I'd applied for their Hive sponsorship program a few weeks ago and I was selected to become one of their ambassadors. I love their products and their clothing. I hope that we can work together for years to come.

The rest of the week I focused on running brick workouts. I was able to squeeze in a swim/run, solo run, run/gym/run, run/swim/run, and swim/bike. I felt strong through each session but still feel that my heart rate is elevated slightly above normal; likely due to the runny nose and clogged sinuses that I can't seem to kick.

Next week I hope to keep up this pace and then taper over the following weeks prior to the Phoenix Marathon on March 1st.




No comments:

Post a Comment